Proper battery safety is important and should never be overlooked. It is is very rare that a battery will vent, explode or cause fire but its important to practise safe battery operation. By following some simple saftey tips, you can prevent it from happening. Always use the charger provided with your e cigarette kit !
Battery Safety Tips
1. Do not leave a charging battery unattended for any reason It is not safe to leave your house, have them charge over night or otherwise ignore them. When batteries fail it is usually in a dramatic fashion: venting liquid, heat and even flame in rare cases. You wouldn't leave the oven on; don't leave your batteries charging!
2. Inspect your batteries for signs of leakage. Look at the battery, if it is a mod battery, inspect the seals, the coatings, the ends, look for torn seals, discolored areas or anything that doesn't look like it belongs. Do this every time you charge the mod battery! If you have a sealed battery like an eGo, make sure to do all of the above as well. It's not as easy to see, but a bad eGo battery may show signs of danger as well.
3. Do not store your batteries in a hot place, in direct sunlight or in a tightly enclosed space. "Explosions" can happen when safety precautions aren't taken.
4. Do not charge your batteries overnight. This falls under Rule #1: "Do not leave charging batteries unattended!" Just don't do it.
5. Check your charging cables Look for liquid, debris or signs of warping, melting or anything out of the ordinary. If it looks like something is amiss, don't use it!
6. Clean the tops of your eGo batteries. Keep them clean of any residue, liquid or other debris, and check the charging cable connections well. Check everytime you charge a battery!
7. Keep odd battery problems in check If your battery button sticks; if your battery is behaving unusually; if you even suspect there is something strange about the way your battery is working or chargind, do not use it. It is not worth the price of a battery to risk anything happening. When in doubt, throw it out! (Preferably in a safe manner at your local recycling center) Batteries can be dangerous, can burn you and your belongings or, in rare cases, can start a fire. This isn't just e-cig related, the same thing can happen to your RC car, rechargeable remote batteries or anything else requiring a rechargable battery.
8. By using one of our batteries you accept and take full responsibility for the general and known risks associated with using lithium ion batteries such as overheating and exploding which can cause fire, personal injury and property damage. Please search online for 'lithium ion battery hazards' and read the information about these hazards before you use one of The Vape Shop batteries.